- creative commons
- cyber bullying
- cyber safety
- Dove Foundation
- Google Apps
- Google Docs
- Google earth
- Graphic Design
- home ec
- ipod touch
- social change
- social justice
- social networking
- Teacher Networking
- Teacher PD
- Teacher Resources
- web 2.0
- Web Design
- web tools
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Winner of the Game of the Year for the 2013 Games for Change Awards, Quandry is…
Quandary is a free, online game that engages your students in ethical decision-making and develops skills that will help them recognize ethical issues and deal with challenging situations in their own lives.
What is Quandary about?
Quandary, a free game for players aged 8-14, presents engaging situations about how to build a new colony on the planet Braxos.
In Quandary, players must make difficult decisions in which there are no clear right or wrong answers but important consequences – to themselves, to others in the colony and to the planet Braxos. In their interactions with other settlers in the colony, players must consider facts, opinions and solutions, just like in real life.
Though the game’s setting is a futuristic colony, the genuinely tough situations that players encounter are translatable to the ones they are likely to face day-to-day. The skills players develop while playing Quandary – such as critical thinking, perspective-taking and decision-making – will help them recognize ethical issues and deal with ethical situations in their own lives.
Quandary provides a framework for how to approach ethical decision-making without telling players what to think.
The basic work flow is:
- Create the podcast in Garage Band
- Send the sound file to iMovie and add the artwork
- Upload the finished movie to Google Drive
- Get the URL from Google Drive (make sure you have updated to the new version)
- Use QRstuff.com to create a QR code for the podcast
- Create the gallery poster (Pages, Postr or whatever App they like)
- Share the podcast with the school community in their Google Drive
Vyew allows you to meet and share content in real-time or anytime. Upload images, files, documents and videos into a room. Users can access and contribute at anytime.
Why use Vyew?
- It’s easy – no installations.
- It’s compatible – PC, Mac, Linux, powerpoints, documents, images, videos, mp3’s, flash files.
- It’s FREE! – Our free version is free forever. Unlimited use with up to 10 people. What’s the catch? It’s ad supported.
- Conferencing features – whiteboarding, video conferencing, screen sharing, Voice-over-IP.
- Collaboration features – continuous rooms are always saved and always-on. Contextual discussion forums, voice-notes, track and log activity.