If you still think Khan Academy is just a bunch of Maths tutorial videos, it’s time for you to look again! I spent a great day last Thursday with our Maths department looking at the many features of Khan Academy and how it can be used to improve student learning.
- exactly which questions a student is getting right and wrong
- how long students spend doing a particular problem
- their attempts at answering the problem
- the problem solving strategies they used
- whether or not they sought help via a video or just a hint to get them started
- how to identify students who are struggling and
- much, much more
If you are interested in learning more look at the Khan Academy website (there are teacher instructions under Coach > Coach Resources)
Or look at our blog post of instructions for the day.
There are also a wide variety of videos for subject areas other than Maths.